Please follow these guidelines for ALL extractions, specific instruction will be given at time of visit. See links below for video instruction!
- Immediately after removal, a gauze pad will be placed over the extraction site. Leave this in place for 30-60 minutes and repeat as needed, light residual bleeding throughout the day is normal.
- Refrain from drinking from a straw, rinsing the mouth, and spitting to ensure that you do not dislodge the blood clot that has formed.
- Limit your activities that day. You can resume your regular activities the following day.
- Advil or Tylenol will treat most pain after the procedure. If needed we will prescribe other pain killers.
- Brush teeth as normal avoiding the extraction site for 2 weeks.
Post Operative instruction video for a simple extraction: https://spearedu.co/e6GymHP
Post Operative instruction for a difficult/surgical or wisdom tooth extraction: https://spearedu.co/svihE5Z